Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sorbetero in Korea




Do you remember your mamang sorbetero? You know, those manongs going around your neighborhood selling what others call "dirty ice cream" in a pushcart similar to this one in the picture, only more colorful. They would let us know they're coming by ringing those hand-held bells. We would then get our scoops of good deliciousness for only just a few pesos. Sigh... Those are the times.
So I was so excited when I spotted this pushcart ice cream in Korea. I immediately run to her to purchase my scoops of deliciousness. This one is quite expensive though. You get a cone with 2 scoops for 1000 won, and the taste is a little disappointing. I'd rather get one of those ice cream cones from Lotteria or even Mcdonalds. But it's still fun seeing it though. And cute parasol.

6 comments:

jehan said...

hi Jempress! yeah i saw many of them too at the Seoul Grand Park and bought from one of the Korean women selling.. I had to go away though as i hate the smell of the steamed brown "worms" they sell.. ah, MIL was telling me to try taste it but i really had to shake my head no.. haha...

bittersweet said...

Na-loka ako dun sa word na "sorbetero".. hehe.. sobrang tagal ko na kasing di narinig ang salitang yan. Kung nandun ako, I'm sure bibili rin ako nyan.

Jempres said...

Hehe..mas bagay atang sorbetera kasi ajumma yung nagtitinda.

Yun ba yung "bundaegi"? Para ngang medyo yucky yung smell, pero sarap daw sabi nila.. haha

Nhemskie said...

Hello Jempress! I hope we have it too here in Busan, sa Kalbi restaurants ko lang ata nakikita yung self-served ice creams... but walang sorbetero/a hihihihih....

Nice shot of the sorbetera!

Jempres said...

Hi Nhemskie, thanks for dropping by. I took this picture in Bucheon, outside an elementary school. I've seen some of these 'sorbetera ajummas' in Seoul din.
Cute nga ng pose nung ajumma hihi. ^.^

Golden said...

Hi sis! Thanks for commenting on my site. Your blog has interesting topics. I'll add you to my blog list ha?

With regard to the noodle, sige, I'll try to look for it one of these days. Thanks for the tip.

For me, nothing beats the dirty ice cream that my Lolo used to make. ^___^